I’m counting down the days until I go back to school and my “school life” back in Denver… only 2 more days left here in Phoenix! It might sound like I’m excited, and I am, a little, but I’m also pretty sad I have to head back so soon. I had a great summer, and I did a lot of stuff (some good, some bad).
Here’s a rundown:
- Moved into a new place… twice! – That was not fun… especially since one of the places I lived in (temporarily) looks like it was/still is infested with bed bugs. Gross!
- Went to Santa Barbara, CA – a four-day vacation with the boyfriend right after school let out for the summer was very much appreciated and needed!
- Finished up my internship – speaking of which, I still need to complete a write-up for that…
- Took two classes and presumably passed – I know for sure I passed one class (A!), but the other class hasn’t posted grades yet. I’m not worried, but it would be nice to know!
- Had friends and family visit me up in Denver – my parents, my cousin, and my boyfriend all were able to come up to Denver at different times this summer to see where I live, experience some new places and restaurants, and get me out of my “comfort zone.” Thanks to them, I finally visited Boulder!
- Spent a lot of quality time with my family, including my parents, grandparents and my cousin/sister. – Now that my grandparents are getting older, and I am too, I’m really appreciating them more. This summer I learned to be (slightly) more patient (it’s a constant battle for me) and try to reflect a little more rather than run pell-mell through life. I can’t say I’m always going to slow down or automatically be more patient, but after sitting and spending time with my grandparents, I am beginning to see life isn’t just about accomplishments or achievements but also, as Suze Orman loves to say, “people come first, then money, then things.” Hopefully looking back at this post will keep me in check!
Before school starts, I also still have a million things to do. Since I seem to be on a “list” roll today, let’s see if I remember all that I have to do:
- Write up my internship report – I think it’s supposed to be 5 pages, and it’s due by Sept. 10th. This is obviously the most important thing right now.
- Take some time applying for job leads and working on my resume – thanks to my Mom, I was able to get a great lead on a potential job, or at least an interview. I need to tweak my resume, type up a cover letter for this particular position, and send along my info to the appropriate people.
- Move. Yup, I get to move into yet another place… that’s set to take place Sept. 1st, but since our old landlord (that of the bed bugs) has decided to be an inflexible hag, my roommate Kelly and I have to sleep at a friend’s place on the 31st until we can move into our new place on the 1st.
- I’m the President of one of the student organization’s on campus, and I have to attempt to get a banner made for our group (why anyone didn’t do this before is beyond me), plus come up with some “enticing” way to get people to our “booth” on new student orientation day. I’m thinking if I can have chapsticks made with our logo on them quick enough, maybe that would be pretty cool?
- Oh yeah… order the 2 books I need for class, and do a little “pre-homework” before classes start on Sept. 12th.
So yeah, there’s a lot going on!! Thinking about it all kind of makes me woozy, so I’m going to take on one thing at a time. A couple things I’m really happy about today?
My VegNews magazine that arrived in the mail over the weekend. I’m already drooling over the pumpkin streusel muffins recipe… yum!!
The Magic Bars my Dad bought at Beyond Bread in Tucson. The boyfriend and I ate this particular bar (our last one out of three!) this afternoon for lunch. SO GOOD!!! I’m definitely making these when I get to Denver…. I’m still drooling over them!
Hope everyone is doing well… also, Happy Meatless Monday! Eat something good for you, the planet, and the animals today!